This is a survey of residents and business-owners in the Eastern Upper Peninsula to gather data on current internet access and demand for improved internet access. The information will be compiled to make a business case to providers to encourage private-sector internet access investments in the region.
A street address is required to participate in the survey and will be used to determine specifically where demand for services exists. This data will be aggregated and mapped. Individual responses will not be shared. This survey does not obligate you to subscribe to any services. Please fill out once per residence and/or business.
For the purposes of this survey, a “faster internet connection” is defined as an internet connection with a download speed greater than 15 Mbps. This speed supports multiple devices streaming video or gaming and using basic functions like email and browsing. “Mbps” stands for megabits per second (how internet access speeds are measured).
2016 EUP Internet Access Survey:
Here is a link to fill out the survey online: ONLINE SURVEY FORM, or type in: http://goo.gl/forms/3HOQc5P6As
Click here to get a copy of the survey in PDF format. When you print this, we recommend printing it two sided.
RETURNING THIS SURVEY: There are 6 ways to return a completed survey:
- Take it to your local municipal administration building. For example, a township hall or city hall.
- Take it to your local school’s administrative office.
- Take it to your local library.
- Take it to the EUP Regional Planning & Development Commission’s office. 1118 E. Easterday Ave., Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
- Scan it and email it to email@example.com.
- Send it back by mail to this address: 1118 E. Easterday Ave., Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783